|Welcome to Charming-Jewels, a group dedicated to those little things we love to express ourselves with! We center around charms and charm jewelry, from the one-dollar cell charm to the hundred+ dollar Pandora charm. Anything centered around this is welcome and we are all about a simple but pleasant experience, however, there are a few ground rules that must be followed to make this a fun, happy, and LEGAL endeavor for all of us!|
1) The group is open to all deviants.
2) We only accept quality charms and charm jewelry in our gallery. Charms of all skill levels and quality levels are eligible for the group Favorites though, for that reason some submissions will be overlooked. Dont take this personally, you can try again.
3) There is a daily submission limit of 3 deviations per deviant per day. The rule might change when I get volunteers to co-found the group.
4) These are considered acceptable submissions to the group:
-Photographs or videos of individual or sets of charms and charm jewelry
-Multi-view collages of an individual piece
-Original charms made from clay, glass, porcelain, or cut/woven metal
-Pendants and earrings are acceptable, as long as the pendants are 2inches tall or smaller, and earrings are dangle earrings, stud earrings not allowed
-Mass-produced charms on otherwise original charm jewelry that fit whatever theme the jewelry is
-Cell charms and wine-stem charms are acceptable.
-Pieces that depict gore or nudity is acceptable, as long as the mature content filters are on
5) These are considered UNacceptable submissions to the group:
-Photographs or videos of mass produced charms or charm jewelry, as said earlier, mass produced charms on otherwise original charm jewelry is ok.
-Multiple photographs of the same charm or set.
-WIP (work in progress) charms or charm jewelry. Wait to submit until the piece is completed. WIP pieces are only accepted in tutorials
-"Solid pieces-" pieces that consist of a single, solid part-such as rings, bangle bracelets, woven friendship bracelets and "wishlets", wraps, cuffs, chokers, earwraps, stud and (with certain exceptions) plug earrings
-Pieces that are sub-standard quality. We won't take anything that looks like it was thrown together in a hurry. When submitting a piece, ask yourself-"Is this something I would feel safe giving to my MOM?"
-Pieces of a racist or otherwise bigoted nature.
-Pieces that are considered controversial, such as charms of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
-Plagiarized submissions. If word reaches me that you submitted a stolen or copied work as your own without the original artists consent, you will be blocked from the group and DeviantART will be notified. We don't take lightly to cheaters or thieves.
6) Use of multiple accounts to work around the submission limit or cheat on a contest will result in all of your accounts being blocked from the group.
7) These are the tutorial guidelines:
-WIP pictures in tutorials are the only exception to the "no WIP" rule.
-Tutorials may only be submitted in the following ways
-Collage-style info graphics
-If you require more than one file to complete a tutorial, we encourage you to include the link to each consecutive page in the first page's description. There will be no exceptions to the "one submission per piece" rule
8) In-group contests will be held bi-monthly, the month between contests will be used to judge the previous contest and find volunteers for the next one.
9) Volunteers will be rewarded according to how much help they provide.
We hope your experience with Charming-Jewels will be a pleasant one!